Tuesday, May 7, 2013

If I told you I wasn't nervous, it would be a lie. I spent plenty of time with my daughter-in-law before she went back to work but my first day alone with two infants, born one month early, was scary! How do you hold them both, feed them both and burp them both when they are both on the same schedule? They were so tiny and seemingly fragile. They were however, adorable and that was their trump card.

I vowed to do everything their parents way. No problem! I had forgotten everything and have you seen the latest baby paraphernalia? I trusted my son and daughter-in-law to provide me everything I needed and that included supplies and instructions. When my boys were babies, they had to be placed on their tummies. Not now! The girls are supposed to have "tummy-time" as part of their play time and they must know it's not a great idea because they don't seem to like it very much.

Boppies are pillows shaped liked parenthesis and these are amazing for supporting tiny bodies while feeding. They take turns getting burped and often take turns napping. I will tell you right now, if you have twins, invest in 2 swings! Swings are gifts from God! The baby channel is way-cool as well. The girls are 3 months old now and are lifting their heads, fascinated with their hands and reward you with the most beautiful smiles. They are trying hard to talk and are as delighted and amazed as I am when they force out a coo!

I've worked all my life and had some amazing careers but truly, this is the most rewarding and stress free. I am sleeping better than I have in years. Mostly because I am tired at the end of the day but also because my dreams are no longer interrupted by work-worries. I am so blessed.
photo.JPG

1 comment:

  1. hi aunt judy -- it's megan. this is amazing. can't wait to read more (and see pictures, i hope!)

    tell them hi. love from texas.

    ReplyDelete