Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Adventures with Meema!

I have embarked on many new adventures! I am blogging for the first time in my life, inspired by the movie Julie Julia! However, this is not a blog about cooking but perhaps it does include the recipe for happiness. I am a new grandmother and a new retiree!  My first grandchild turned out to be twin granddaughters.

Knowing I was within a couple of years of retirement, I decided to retire early and become their full-time caregiver. Having  worked in higher education for years, it was hard to tell the Dean of Student Services that I was leaving. As Director of Enrollment Services, I was giving up a job with great responsibility and benefits. The Dean was so understanding and reminded me this was yet another opportunity to shape the lives of children but this time, they would be my grandchildren and the bond would be a very special and lasting one.

So here I am with now 3 month old twin girls who smile at me, even if I show up to work in yoga pants sans makeup! We have new adventures daily which I will be happy to share! So far no regrets and lots of joy! Am I an expert? Heck NO! My youngest is now 27 so everything that is baby has changed. I am learning along with my granddaughters and I anticipate it will be a fun and fascinating journey,

2 comments: