Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A routine emerges from the chaos!

During the first few weeks, my care was pretty much reactive. It was all about making the girls happy and well, ...QUIET! If they weren't screaming, that was a good thing and to me, it meant everyone was happy and I was doing a good job.

The girls are changing and growing every day! They are no longer content to stay in one spot for long nor sleep the day away. When they wake up, they want to party! They are always in a good mood when they wake up. Once their eyes focus, their radiant smiles spread across their beautiful faces and the day is on!

After the morning feeding, we typically go for a 40 minute walk. They used to sleep through it but I find them staying awake and making sounds from behind the sun shades. They can see trees, sky and clouds and anyone or anything passing by. They enjoy the diverse surroundings as I hoof it up hills and get a great workout!

Speaking of hoofing it, we are no couch (or swing) potatoes! Once we get back from the walk, there is play mat time, books to be read and exercises for the arms and legs. The Boppies have made tummy time much more enjoyable and easier for them to stay upright longer. Otherwise, their faces are buried in the blankets. Molly has rolled from front to back but Harper is in no hurry. Both girls must now be buckled into the bouncer and swing because they have learned to squirm and move! They will be 4 months old on the 29th of May! There are still naps but usually short ones. Their Mom hopes to establish a set nap time over the summer. They slept through the night the last two nights!

School is out for summer tomorrow! This means the girls' Mom will take over. I am happy for all of us. I will certainly continue to fill in and find excuses to stop by but they deserve this very special time with Mom and she with them. I will focus on things needing attention around here and  report for jury duty on June 3rd.

Recently I met with my former staff members for happy hour and it was wonderful to have the adult interaction. They all wanted to talk about the babies and I wanted the latest scoop at work. We had a great time and I look forward to getting together with friends more than ever. I may show up with stains on my shoulders. I must get used to packing an extra set of clothes! Enjoy a peek into our very busy routine!
 The toys are interchangeable and I always make sure they can reach or kick them. They love to play on this mat! Sorry but Molly got most of the press this day because Harper was snoozing!
On the Boppie, doing push ups!


Where's Harper?

You talkin' to me?

Who does my hair? Nobody can do my hair! It defies gravity and gel!

How long do I have to do this?

                                                 Seriously, how long? Is tummy time over yet?

                                      Yay! Harper is awake! Meema can torture her while I rest.
                                                  Zzzzzzzzzzz ......               faker
                                                  Lay real still and she may go away.
                                           Laying on your back is so much easier! Amen sister!
                                                                Time for boxing lessons!
                            OK, so our hair is NOT identical.... can we watch the Baby Channel now?

Harper loooooves the Baby Channel!
                                 Meema loooooves the stroller. We are all VERY tired at the end of the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment