Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Although the twins are technically identical, they are different in both personality and looks. Molly has very long hair that sticks straight up! My older son accused me of rubbing her hair with a balloon but I assure you, she was born with it and it is so cute. We call her the wild child. Harper has thinner hair that lays straight. Thank goodness for the hair or we may not be able to tell them apart.

 Molly ... pardon her rude gesture. Iwonder what she was thinking?
 



The last few times I babysat,  I noticed Harper staring intently into my face. It's as if she is looking straight into my soul! She never loses interest, just gazes and studies and seems to want to communicate with just her eyes. It's almost unnerving but so beautiful. I would love to know what is going through her mind.






"Great Aunt Carol" sent them each little cloth dolls that are so cute. The girls are both clutching them. They are soft and easy to grasp and are quickly becoming favorite toys - perfect for young babies.



Today was my day off. It's so nice to have time to devote to projects ignored while working full-time. Beacause I can no longer use work as an excuse to put off domestic chores, today I painted the office. I HATE painting but I am sitting here feeling pretty proud of accomplishing this long overdue task! One room at a time in a 2800 sq.ft. home ....ugh! Retirement is fabulous! I woke up at 5:30 this morning, unable to go back to sleep. Not because of the pressures of work but because of the joy of a new day, with time and energy to, well .... paint!

3 comments:

  1. Why am I not surprised a Haskell girl would be flashing the International sign of ill will at such an early age? Your influence is showing early!

    Honestly though, I'm so jealous you get to hold those beautiful babies so often. Savor those moments Judith Ellen. It's so great that you are able to be able to help the new family get started on their way. I can't wait to see them in person.

    (Young) Uncle Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. be sure to share the blog site with Aunt Carol. the girls really love their dolls. Molly rolled over today from front to back!

      Delete
  2. Will do. Whoo Hoo on the rollover!

    ReplyDelete