Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Well you know February is a short month .... so short that I blinked and it was gone! Ahhhh and March too! As the saying goes ..... time flies when you're having fun! I have considered whether I would continue this blog. I often take for granted our daily routine and the fun we have together and wonder what I will write about, but my daughter-in-law reminded me that this blog will be a gift  for the girls someday. Enough said. I will continue this for Harper and Molly and anyone else who cares to follow along!

I remember asking both my Mom and my Mother-in-Law to record their memoirs for my boys to have someday. They never did so, and I feel as if that history will be lost as years go by. So I vowed to keep a journal for my boys and every few years I go in and update it. It's crazy to see how many things can happen in a few years! Life is so full of surprises, twists and turns. I urge all of you to take the time and write your memoirs for your children. They will be so glad you did! Mine will be a big fat novel by the time I put my pen down for the last time! Perhaps it will be a best seller long after I'm gone, but regardless, it will be priceless for my children.

We had no winter this year and spring is already here. Last week the girls and their parents went on their first vacation to Durango, CO. Nana Pat went along to spend time with the girls so the girls' parents could hit the slopes! This allowed me and Papaw time off to visit friends and family in Texas. Everyone had a great time but I was ready to see my grandbabies after a week off! I was rewarded with a huge smile when I walked in the door my first day back to work!

The girls run everywhere now and are starting to test boundaries. They will sit in their high chairs and hold their cups over the floor and smile a devilish smile before they drop the cup to the floor. They know Meema will bend over and pick it up! They continue to love the flashcards and books! If you listen closely, they will utter familiar words amongst the twin jibberish, proving to me that they are retaining many of the sight words we practice. They will say "hat" and point to their heads. hot when pointing to my coffee cup and Molly will moo when we see a cow. They have 10 baby chicks (which they call ducks) and will peep right back at them. Today, Harper said, "no, no, no." Wonder where she heard that :) ?

I love the clothes they are wearing now! Shirts and pants are so much easier than the onesies with snaps. Oh yes, before I forget, NEVER buy one piece footy-jammies with snaps. I found cute firetruck jammies for them and after putting them in them one time and snapping what seemed like 100 snaps, I became a forever fan of the zip-ups! But the warmer weather is coming and soon they will be wearing regular 2-piece pajamas! The whole 2-piece theme is much easier for changing diapers! Avoid snap-up jammies!

They are also wearing shoes now! This makes it easier for them to navigate the landscape rocks in the back yard; one of their favorite places to be. They love the toddler-sized picnic table (a gifit from cousins Jamie and Seth) and their red wagon from Papa and Nana Baca. We have logged many miles in the wagon around the neighborhood. They enjoy it so much more than the stroller because they can see each other and everything around them. They are very popular with the neighbors who may be walking or driving by and I am grateful to stop, chat (and rest) as we chug along. The jstogging stroller is much easier for me but hey, it's not about me! If they cannot see the bunnies, birds, flowers, trees, street signs and dogs, then they are not learning as much and tend to just vedge out. The wagon allows them to be much more interactive and is good for my biceps :)

They love to kiss each other, their dogs, and just about anything and anyone they like. They take 2 good naps per day and both head off to their room when I start singing the nap-time song from the Baby Channel. It is too funny! They've learned to rock themselves on their rocking horses and they love to climb on their bean bag chairs and the couch. One of their favorite toys is still the walkker-cars which they zoom though the house, often giving rides to favorite stuffed animals or each other. This toy is a must!

I can't wait for summer and all the time we will spend outdoors. I will add collecting eggs to our daily routine and maybe running in the sprinklers! Each day holds new discoveries, new adventures and little minds that blow me away! I know that I am teaching them things but they have no idea what they are teaching this old dog. The most important is just how precious this gift of life is and how each day is a gift never to be taken for granted! So on that note, I vow to continue to Blog for anyone who cares to read about our adventures but most of all, for Molly and Harper!
 Papaw reading to his girls
 Molly and berries!

 Off for a cruise in the wagon!
Our picnic bench!

 Notice the color of the day on the TV behind Molly? GREEN!
 Harper always has to see how things work.... checking out the camera.


Molly chillin' on the couch

 Harper chillin' in her bean bag chair.
 Yeah, life is good!





Fun with pizza pans!


One of Harpers favorite toys is a fire station... like father, like daughter.


Welcome to our tent!

in through the tunnel


Serious fun going on in here

1 comment:

  1. dad texts or emails me every time you write a new post (even though I check it myself too), so keep it up! at least two fans out here. I think gram and spanky love it too.

    ReplyDelete